Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the questions that always come up when talking about starting a new web site. If you can not find an answer here please feel free to Contact Me.
- How do I make my website show up first in search (Google, Yahoo!, Microsoft, etc)?
- This is a great question and I have devoted an entire page to the answer. View SEO Page
- What do I need before contacting Kilgore Studios?
- Honestly, not much. If you have some idea what your needs are, then we can work together to flesh out the details.
- How much does it cost?
- Each project will vary based on demand and scope. Typically prices start around $300 and go up.
- Does Kilgore Studios host my website?
- No. Due to the cost of hosting I do not host any client’s website. I can help you find the right hosting choice.
- What happens at the kick-off meeting?
- This is basically a meet and greet for me and you. We will talk about the basic needs for your project as well as discussing some of the costs.
- What if I or my company does not have a style guide or branding?
- Not a problem. If your company has any type of print I can go in the same direction with your project or I can help to develop your company's style.
- What are Web Standards?
- Web Standards is a term used to describe the current “best practices” in web design and development. Using Web Standards to make your website will make it as accessible to the widest audience as possible.